Mom's Doll House

Mom's Doll House
The one that started it all!!!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My First House

My first kit was a Sugar Plum cottage. I think it was a Greenleaf kit. I got around 1993. I originally decorated it in pastel peach and green and a little old lady lived inside.


I can't find any pictures of the old inside but it was all the tab and slot furniture that comes with kits. It was all painted brown. It was boring and I was never really satisfied with the results. So, I decided it was time for a remodel. I am turning it into a Halloween Costume shop. It will be called "All Dressed Up". I even have a fabric ribbon I bought at Michael's that is orange with black pictures and letters that say "All Dressed Up". (Since I named this, a fancy dress store opened up in the area named "All Dressed Up", too funny!)

I have several Madame Alexander dolls to use in this house. The ones that came from McDonald's Happy Meals. I thought they would look like kids in costume.


This is only a small assortment of M.A. Dolls I have. I also have most of the Wizard of Oz ones for a some day project.

So, now my S.P. Cottage is All Dressed Up. I have painted the shingles in multiple shades of grey to look like slate. The outside is in grey and I have added bricks for a walk way and on the fireplace that are cut up egg cartons which I have painted in four shades of brick/red/terracotta, etc.


The proprietress of the costume shop is a witch. There will be various Halloween themed items in the shop. I have been making and collecting things for a couple of years now and have a ton of items for it. I can't wait to get decorating. My mom has made a lot of cool things for it and recently found some awesome scrap booking paper with bottle labels and some that will be great for wallpaper.


Stay tuned for updates.....

No comments:

Post a Comment